It is an established fact that communication is a very vital part of human existence. You may have at one point or the other batted with the cost of phone services, right?
If you are in the category of individuals who want free landline phone service, then this article will be very helpful. The government has provided a lifeline assistance program known as free government landline phone service just for you. It is a program that provides low income earners, senior citizens of the state, and beneficiaries of specific government programs with reduced or even free landline phone services. Want to benefit from this service? Read on.
What is the Free Government Landline Phone Service?
Free Government Landline Phone Service is a program introduced by the United States government that helps low income families or individuals (if they qualify) to get a landline phone for free.
If you live in California, check out this article on Free Phones for Seniors in California.
Top 7 Government Assistance Home Phone Services in 2022
These are the 7 best government assistance home phone services in 2022:
1. Assurance Wireless
This is likely the most generous of all government assistance home phones service. They work together with lifeline and T-Mobile to make provisions for discount home phone service to the low income earners. They provide free data, up to 250 free minutes, and text monthly with free phones. To participate in this service, however, you will have to be a beneficiary of either Medicaid or food stamp programs.
2. Safe Link Wireless
This is a program supported by the government to provide free home phone services to low income earners in the state. They also provide free talk time. To qualify for this program you have to be a beneficiary of other government programs like food stamp programs.
3. Access Wireless
This is one of the best Free Government Landline Phone Service that makes home phones available to low income earners with free talk time and data.
4. American Assistance
This is a lifeline assistance program endorsed by the American broadband and telecommunications and supported by the government to provide free phones and talk time to eligible low income earners.
5. Clintex Wireless
This is also a lifeline assistance phone service supported by the government to provide free government assistance home phones to eligible members of the state.
6. En Touch
This is a government assistance home phone service that provides government phones to qualifying members.
7. Life Wireless
This program provides free government home phones and cellular services to qualifying individuals through the lifeline assistance program. This is also one of the most popular Free Government Landline Phone Service in 2022.
If you want a free laptop from the government, check out our article on Free Laptop with Food Stamps.
How to Get the Free Government Landline Phone Service in 2022
To get the free Government landline phone service in 2022, you or a member of your family will have to be a beneficiary of most government assistance programs such as food stamp programs, free lunch programs and the likes; we will stretch more on this as we continue. You will also have to fall below the income rate of 135% on the federal government poverty guidelines. Being a senior citizen of the state can also qualify you to benefit from this program. If you fall under any of the above categories then you can simply apply to benefit from this program.
Eligibility Criteria for Gov Home Phones
If you meet the standard of the two points listed below, then you are eligible for the free gov home phones.
1. Eligibility Based on Low Income Status
Having a low income rate below the stipulated government poverty line makes you eligible for this program. You would have to present three consecutive tax returns to prove you belong to this level. The government poverty guideline is dependent on the number of individuals in a particular family.
2. Eligibility Based on Participation in Other Government Programs
You qualify to get a lifeline if you or any member of your family is a beneficiary of any of the following programs:
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): This is a government program that provides low income earners in the state with adequate food as they are unable to afford it. To get a free landline phone service, you or a family member would have to be a beneficiary of this program among others. You can visit their website or go to the nearest food stamp office close to you and get registered.
- Medicaid: This is a federal and state government program that provides health care insurance for children, women, seniors, disabled and low income earners in the state. If you are a beneficiary of this program, you are also eligible for the free landline phone service. To register, visit their website.
- Supplemental Security Income: Having a family member or being a recipient of this program also qualifies you for the free landline phone service. SSI is a government program for blind and disabled children from poor homes
- Federal Public Housing Assistance: If you are also a beneficiary of this program that provides low income earners with cheap, safe and clean houses, then you are qualified for the free landline phone service. To register for this program, kindly visit their website.
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits: This incentive pays monthly bonuses to surviving and dependent children of wartime veterans who fall below the stipulated government line.
How to Apply for Free Government Home Phone Services
To apply for free government home phone service, follow these steps:
- Choose any landline provider that makes provision for lifeline assistance ( check the following section) and ask for a lifeline application form. Your provider will process this form and may require you to fill out other forms. To carry out the application process, you will need the following documents.
- Your full legal name.
- Date of birth.
- Last four digits of your T.I number.
- Your identity card.
Free Home Phone Service for Low Income
Any member of the state under the 135% poverty stipulated by the government is eligible to get free home phone services.
Free Home Phone Service for People on Food Stamps
Being a beneficiary of the food stamp program qualifies you to benefit from free home phone service from the lifeline. You can receive free landline phones and cellular service from Qlink wireless, Access wireless, and the likes.
Free Landline Phone Service for Disabled
The government of the United States provides assistance programs through lifeline to provide free landline phone service for disabled in the state. They need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
If you want a Free Excess Skin Removal Surgery, check out our complete guide on that.
Free Landline Phone Service for Seniors
Locate a wireless network provider in your region that offers a lifeline assistance program to help you determine the eligibility for free government landline phone service for seniors. Here are some landline phone service plans for seniors.
- Magic Jack.
- Set up a landline with Google voice.
- Phone.com provider.
Can I Get a Free Landline Phone from The Government?
The government has come up with programs that will get you a landline phone for free if you qualify with their terms and conditions and be considered a low-income individual.
We hope you were able to gain as much knowledge as required to get your free government landline phone services. Ensure you are eligible for this program by checking your eligibility status on the EBB website. If you are yet to be a beneficiary of the other government assistance programs, proceed to get registered and get your free landline.